The Heart Foundation supports over 580,000 Australians living with heart disease today, as well as working tirelessly to prevent and manage heart disease for future generations.The Heart Foundation’s work is purpose-driven, with a focus on stopping Australia’s number one killer: heart disease, which takes 48 lives every day.
We act to make a difference in the fight against heart disease by:
- Funding high-impact research, supporting emerging and leading heart health researchers
- Working to improve heart disease prevention, detection, care and support for all Australians
- Advocating to governments and industry for increased funding and resources for heart health
- Building community awareness about living a heart-healthy lifestyle. We do this through public health awareness campaigns, accessible information and resources
- Supporting health professionals in their work to prevent, diagnose, treat and manage heart disease.