Aged Care Services
Home Care Packages Program (HCP)
The Life Without Barriers Home Care Packages Program is a coordinated package of services tailored to assist people to remain living at home for as long as possible and to enable choice and flexibility in the way that care and support is provided in the home.
Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
The Life Without Barriers Commonwealth Home Support Program supports people aged 65 years and over and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years and over. The program delivers timely, high quality entry-level support services, which takes individual goals, preferences and choices into account to help participants live in their own home as long as they can and wish to do so.
Queensland Community Care Services (QCCS)
The Life Without Barriers Queensland Community Care Services works with Queenslanders under the age of 65 years who require support to remain living in their own home. The program provides basic support to people with a disability or condition that restricts their day-to-day living.
Services available under CHSP and QCCS can include:
- Domestic Assistance
- Personal Care
- Home and Garden Maintenance
- Flexible Respite
- Social Support
Veterans’ Home Care Program (VHC)
The Life Without Barriers Veterans’ Home Care Program, funded by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) is designed to assist veterans and war widows/widowers who wish to continue living at home, and who need a small level of assistance.
Be Connected Program
A free service for people who are aged 60 years or older, or 50 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and who are socially isolated or at risk of social isolation.
We can connect participants with services, groups or individuals who are able to provide:
- Financial and legal advice
- General community services
- Advocacy Services
- Social activities
- Household assistance
- General health and well-being
- Retirement accommodation options
- Education (such as computer training)
For people living with disability who require 24/7 support, or significant day-to-day assistance, Life Without Barriers will partner with participants to assist with living as independently as possible.
Personalised plans can include support with:
- Moving out for the first time into grouped accommodation, or into your own home
- Living well with others in a group setting, or dealing with the responsibilities of living in your own home
- Getting ready for the day, eating healthily, and keeping well
Personalised plans can be tailored to support participants to:
- Get out and about; take part in their community, enjoy activities and experience new things
- Learn new skills of interest to them
- Be creative and have fun
- Feel more independent
- Deal with the responsibilities of living in their own home, such as buying groceries, paying bills and budgeting money
- Stay fit and healthy
- Get things done around the house
Out of Home Care
Where a child or young person cannot live at home, Life Without Barriers can deliver out-of-home care and specialist foster care services to encourage positive outcomes for children, young people and their families, with an emphasis on building safe, stable and nurturing relationships. Service provision can be obtained through referral from the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women.
Next Step After Care
Next Step After Care services can provide young people between the ages of 15 and 21 with support to build independent lives. It’s for those who have been in foster care or other out-of-home care arrangements to quick access to practical advice and support with things such as:
- Accommodation and food
- Reconnecting with family, friends, community and building relationships
- Education, resumes, training, employment
- Health, social and emotional well-being appointments
- Obtaining Identification, Medicare, Birth Certificate and Drivers Licence
Domestic & Family Violence
Free and confidential counselling service provided to women and children who are victims of domestic violence. This service is available in Ayr and Charters Towers, including outreach to Hughenden. Court support is also available in Ayr.