Kate’s Campaign for Change is a grassroots movement (started in 2017 by Kate Pemberton) with the aim of donating a range of “Care Packages” through local not-for-profit organisations to assist those who are in-need and at-risk within our local community.
The Campaign is supported by hundreds of “Campaigners”:
• Who collect and donate unused hotel toiletries and travel-size personal care items for repackaging
• Who host “Donation Drop-Off Points” to make it easy for everyone to donate
• Who donate the proceeds from recycling eligible containers through the “Containers for Change” scheme, and
• Who make donations of goods / cash / gift cards and volunteer their time to assist with packaging activities.
The Campaign is:
• Giving people a simple and practical way to help and care for others
• Allowing everyone (regardless of their abilities) to achieve a sense of purpose and to discover a way to give back to the community
• Delivering an on-going source of “Care Packages” within the local community and providing desperately needed resources to not-for-profit organisations that operate at the “coal face”.
The Campaign has been designed to assist people who:
• experience, or who are at-risk of homelessness
• find themselves transitioning out of “care” situations
• are impacted by domestic violence, or
• are dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters.
The “Care Packages” are not distributed directly to those in-need but rather through local not-for-profit organisations so that they can be utilised in conjunction with the other services and range of assistance that these organisations have to offer.