The Townsville Drop in Centre (TDIC) delivers centre-based and mobile and outreach support services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
TDIC provides a safe space for people to access basic human needs such as food and meals, day time shelter, connection with others, personal hygiene care (showers, toilets and washing machines). The Centre extends to a Hub where by key community and government agencies provide locum services.
We support individuals access accommodation, some for the first time. Our clients often have limited belongings & are unable to afford the associated costs of setting up a home of their own. As part of our service we purchase basic items such as kitchen utensils, cleaning products, bedding & small electrical items that will allow individuals to move with dignity.
TDIC also administers ERF.
TDIC is funded by Department of Housing and Public Works.
- Breakfast 8.30am – no charge
- Lunch 12.30 – gold coin charge
- Information, Advice and Referral
- Assistance with finding accommodation
- Support in maintaining accommodation
- Referral to available community services including issue specific services such as drug and alcohol counselling
- Paid work available through projects and programs
- Free laundry facility
- Free tea, coffee, soup
- Shower/toilet facilities
- Free broadband internet facilities
- Medical services
- Centrelink clinics
Community organisations that visit the Centre on a regular basis include:
Anglicare Nursing Clinic and MPIP Service
Homeless Health Outreach Team ( HHOT )
Australian Red Cross
Police Liaison Officers (PLO)
Coast to Country Housing
The Reverend Charles Harris Diversionary Centre
Visiting medical services