Our services include:
- online legal information and publications
- legal advice—if you meet our eligibility criteria
- help in court by a duty lawyer or by a lawyer who is running your case
- lawyer assisted dispute resolution (mediation) in family law matters
- community legal education and
- referrals to other organisations who may be able to help you.
Our legal information, publications, advice, duty lawyer, community legal education and referral services are free.
To be represented in court by a lawyer or at dispute resolution, you will need to apply for a grant of legal aid and meet our financial eligibility tests and other criteria. You may need to pay a contribution if a lawyer runs your case.
Questions about an application 1300 651 188
Natural Disaster legal help – 1300 527 700
Youth Legal Advice Hotline – 1800 527 527
Indigenous Information line – 1300 650 143
Counselling Notes Protect – 1300 267 762