The Safe-at-Home Program provides quick and easy installation and maintenance of Personal Medi-Alert Alarms.
The service is for those living in the community who may require support in an emergency. The support is provided via telephone via a personal medi-alarm system to a very reliable 24 hour monitoring centre.
Who is eligible for this service:
- Any Townsville resident who may require assistance in an emergency.
- Frail and elderly.
- People with a disability.
- Community members who live alone.
- Community members who may be at risk of falls.
- Community members who are unwell and may require assistance in an emergency.
- May not be suitable for dementia clients.
This service is conducted by the Mercy Community Services, North Queensland, a not-for-profit organisation.