- Assists frail and disabled people to remain in the community with support or to access accommodation suitable to their needs.
- Consists of multi-disciplinary team of case managers as well as an intake Officer and Aboriginal Liaison Officer.
- Telephone referral directly to Intake Officer by client or family and health professionals.
- Team able to assess clients in own home, clinic at Thuringowa Dr or hospital based setting. Emphasis given to client’s individuality and right of choice of both community organisation and residential care facilities based on outcome of assessment by ACAT.
- Advocacy: Empower and educate client as to their rights regarding residential care and community care and respect their wishes except in a situation where client is unable to make informed decision.
Community Information Centre is proudly supported by Townsville City Council
Although funding for this project has been provided by both the Australian and Queensland Governments, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views of either Government.