CityLibraries Flinders St
Level 1 Northtown 280 Flinders St Townsville
9am – 5pm Mon – Fri; 9am – 12 noon Sat; 9am – 1pm Sun. Closed public holidays
9 Petunia St Aitkenvale
9am – 5pm Mon & Fri; 9am – 6pm Tues, Wed, Thurs; 9am – 3pm Sat
CityLibraries Thuringowa Central
86 Thuringowa Dr Thuringowa Central
9am – 5pm Mon & Fri; 9am – 6pm Tues, Wed, Thurs; 9am – 3pm Sat; 9am – 1pm Sun; Closed public holidays
- Lending collection includes physical collections of books (fiction, non-fiction and large print), DVD’s CD’s, audiobooks, magazines, community language books and newspapers, and digital access to eBoooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eComics, movie streaming and databases (study help, languages, encyclopedias, newspapers, journals, magazines, family history and Australian Standards)
- Apps – BorrowBox (eBook + eAudio), RBdigital (eAudio + eMagazine), Comics Plus Library Edition (eComics), Studiosity (Study help), StoryBox (literacy), Busythings(literacy), Mango Languages (language learning). Library membership provides access to specific content within these apps. Townsville Tours and Trails, no membership required.
- The Local collection includes film, photographs, a physical and online collection of books, maps, info sheets, videos, newspapers on microfilm, photographic collection online, microfiche including births, deaths & marriages for Queensland, Ancestry and Find my Past databases, a public digitisation centre. Townsville Tours & Trails available through App Store and Google Play provides access to online historical tours. Local history staff members are available 5 days a week to assist in historical research and in the use of the digitisation lounge.
- Assistance with using digital tools and technology including eBooks and mobile devices
- Activities for readers of all ages including Summer Reading Club, Great Reads weekly, Dad’s Read, Let’s Read, guest authors, staff recommendations and book clubs including a book club for vision impaired people.
- Indigenous Resource Service – Includes family history research help service, Indigenous Australian collections in each branch. Events celebrating or commemorating cultural events, including bookclubs, art workshops presentations.
- Free wifi, access to computers and internet, photocopier, document scanner.
- Meeting rooms free to community groups and not for profit organisations, charges for commercial use.
- Free lifelong learning activities for all ages including book clubs, school holiday programs, storytime, baby rhyme time, toddler time messy play, history lectures, displays, digital literacy classes and recreational learning.
- Community services: Digitisation Lounge, Mobile Library, Home Library Service and display spaces for community groups