Family and Child connect is a community-based intake and referral service to provide an additional pathway referring concern about children and their families.
Families who are at risk of entering or re-entering the child protection system can be referred here.
- Families in need of support can self – enter
- A child protection practitioner can assist with identifying and responding to more serious concerns
- A specialist domestic and family violence practitioner can advice and assist
- Leads local-level alliances of government and non-government services within the community to ensure vulnerable children and their families receive the right mix of services at the right time
- Part of the Stronger Families Reform Program