The service provides case management and support to children and young people in out of home care who require additional therapeutic care and assistance to meet their complex needs.
- Information to the general public about how to become a foster carer
- Recruitment activities to promote fostering in the community
- Training and assessment of individuals and households to become foster carers
- Family based care for children and young people who are subject to Department of Child Safety intervention
- Placement and support to current foster carers in the Townsville/Ingham areas
- Regular social events and fun days for shared family care providers