Emergency wheelchair breakdown service is offered to wheelchair users with the following conditions:
- Must be able to get out of the wheelchair.
- If the user is at home RACQ will assist within 24 hours. If not at home assistance will be given within 45 mins to 2 hrs.
- Will inflate tyres or change the tyre if a spare is available.
- If there is no spare the tyre will be taken to be repaired and returned at a later time at customer’s expense.
- For electric wheelchair users the RACQ will check for blown fuses or loose connections. electrical connections will not be replaced.
- Cannot install batteries.
- Towing will only be done if the user is not at home and the wheelchair will be taken to a pace of repair. (1 free tow up to 20k)