RMHC NA supports sick kids and their families from across north Australia through its practical programs including a hospital-adjacent House, a Family Room at Townsville Hospital, Family Retreat in Palm Cove and our Learning Program.
- Provides friendly home-like accommodation for families whose seriously ill children are receiving treatment at the Townsville Hospital either as an in-patient or out-patient.
- Caters to the needs of pregnant mothers and their families who have to travel to Townsville from remote and rural settings for medical treatment.
- Learning Program provides 40 x 1 hour sessions of tutoring a year for seriously ill children who need help catching up at school.
- In-hospital Family Room for families who have a child admitted to Children’s Ward with laundry & kitchen facilities, 2 nap rooms & a living area.
- Family Retreat at Palm Cove offers free week long holiday for families with a seriously ill child, or a family suffering a bereavement.