Aims to assist young people move to greater stability and independence through flexible service delivery. Townsville YHARS focuses on empowering young people through casework and intensive support.
The service is aimed at young people aged from 12 to 21 years of age, transitioning from care from Child Safety and/or a period of sentence or remand and are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Supporting young people to apply for and access transitional accommodation
- Reconnecting young people with family/carers where appropriate
- Engaging young people in education, employment and training
- Supporting young people to maintain tenancies, to live independently and successfully
- Linking young people into services, support and long term housing
- After care support for young people transitioning from Dept of Child Safety 17-21years, who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.