Statement of Purpose
The Townsville Residents and Ratepayers Facebook page has been set up to provide a forum for Resident and Ratepayers to comment on and contribute positively to current issues that concern Townsville People. Primarily as a tool for keeping the Residents and Ratepayers informed on many Council and financial issues that could affect them from a national point of view.
- Lobby all tiers of State and Federal Government and other relevant bodies where necessary to improve infrastructure and services for the greater Townsville region.
- Work with other Residents and Ratepayer bodies in Queensland to obtain a comprehensive overview of just what is happening Queensland Wide relating to Local Government.
- Assist in promoting Townsville region to business and help where possible to support business to communicate and liaise with Townsville Council to establish their business profile in Townsville, promoting jobs and for future development purposes.
- Promote discussion and comments on topics of public interest and concern. * *Monitor what businesses The Townsville City Council are now involved with and just what is happening to benefit the Residents and Ratepayers of Townsville.
- We focus on Transparency and Accountability and keep a close watch on activity that is counterproductive to the Residents and Ratepayer of Townsville.
- Continue to comment publicly on relevant issues and subjects that are relative to the People of Townsville.
- We also support the development of jobs and business in Townsville to repair the economy.
- We support and are a member of Transparency International