A state government statutory body that provides tenancy information, bond management, dispute resolution, investigation, policy and education services.
The RTA assists tenants, lessors, agents, residents and providers with the following services:
- Client contact centre: provides tenancy information to tenants, residents, agents, lessors, property managers, rooming accommodation providers and moveable dwelling managers
- Rental bond service: provides a bond lodgement and refund service
- Communication and education: free tenancy information service via website, publications, workshops, presentations
- Dispute resolution: offers conciliation services for tenancy disputes, generally by telephone
- Investigations: investigates breaches of the Act that carry penalties for non-compliance
RTA’s approved forms can be obtained by: