The Commonwealth Ombudman’s services are free and available to anyone who has a complaint about any Australian Government department or agency that they have been unable to resolve. The Commonwealth Ombudsman is also the Defence Force Ombudsman, Immigration Ombudsman, Law Enforcement Ombudsman, Postal Industry Ombudsman and Taxation Ombudsman.
The role of the Commonwealth Ombudsman is to:
- Investigate complaints
- Deal with complaints in an impartial and effective way and achieve fair outcomes
- Seek appropriate remedies
- Promote improved administration by Australian Government agencies.
- Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Postal Industry Ombudsman
- Queensland Ombudsman
- Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
During Covid-19 phone service is limited to 9am – noon AEST, Monday to Friday. No face-to-face interviews available during this time.