QAI’s Systems Advocacy work includes but is not limited to:
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Human rights indicators
- Law reform – guardianship, restrictive practices, disability legislation
- People with disability in the criminal justice system
- Social inclusion
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Member of Queensland Association of Independent Legal Services(QAILS)
- Members of Disability Advocacy Network Australia
Other services include:
Mental Health Legal Service – The MHLS provides specialist legal service dedicated to providing legal advice and representation to individuals receiving involuntary treatment for mental illness in Queensland.
Human Rights Legal Service – The HRLS provides specialist legal advice and conducts strategic casework aimed at protecting and promoting fundamental human rights.
Justice Support Program – The JSP advocates for individuals with a disability in the justice and related sytems.