- Australia-wide telephone hotline for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disability. The Hotline works with callers to find appropriate ways of dealing with these reports.
- Cases of abuse and neglect can include physical, sexual, psychological, legal and civil abuse, restraint and restrictive practices, or financial abuse. It can also include the withholding of care and support which exposes an individual to harm.
- Anyone can call the Hotline to report cases of abuse or neglect or to find out more about the service.
- Callers with a disability who need support to make a complaint are referred to advocacy assistance.
- The Hotline also refers callers to organisations and services that may be able to help a person who has experienced abuse or neglect.
Community Information Centre is proudly supported by Townsville City Council
Although funding for this project has been provided by both the Australian and Queensland Governments, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views of either Government.