- The Museum showcases life in the tropics, from dinosaurs to modern day, with travelling exhibitions and local displays adding a touch of the unexpected every time you visit
- The Museum is family friendly and has free activities and tours every day
- The cafe is open daily from 10am to 3pm and has great views of the Townsville Yacht Club marina, as well as FREE WIFI
- The main exhibition tells the story of the HMS Pandora, the ship sent to capture the Bounty mutineers
- The Museum has many different function and meeting spaces available for hire, and runs children’s birthday parties (mainly with a Butterfly or Pirate theme)
- There is a strong marine research focus at the Museum, along with one of the largest collections of staghorn (or Acropora) coral in the world
Community Information Centre is proudly supported by Townsville City Council
Although funding for this project has been provided by both the Australian and Queensland Governments, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views of either Government.